Tuesday, February 11, 2014

  Back again with some great news about things happening.  Where to start?  I've got a meeting this Thursday with a planning committee provided by the St. Paul and Minneapolis Unions.  We hope to arrange the plan to reach all of the 385,000 Union members in Minnesota.  And next week I sit down with Second Harvest Heartland who partnered with the effort almost a year ago.  Because they'll be one of the main organizations that will receive part of the interest on the endowment, it's time to talk about their involement.  They have set up the ability for individuals to donate on-line and 100% of those donations go directly towards the Minnesota Miracle.
  After searching for help putting together a face book page, it's finally started.  If you go to minnesotamiracle2014 you can view the face book page.  I'm asking everyone to share it with all you know to help spred the word on what's coming.  The media is going to play a huge part of whether we find a total success with this effort.  I'm asking everyone to consider a pennie, dime, or more to donate to the Minnesota Miracle.  You can also pledge per mile and the form to do just that is also on the web site now.
  I traveled to Coates RV a couple of weeks ago, searching for a vehicle to pull behind my car for those 30 days of walking.  My wife and I need a place to lay our heads at the end of each day.  I spoke with Dan Mouch and he's looking to find something to meet the need.  I'm down to making the actual arrangements for the trip itself.
  It's not too early to print out a pledge form from the web site and ask your friends, family, and co-workers to make their pledge.  A pennie a mile is only $3.00.  My old co-workers are giving .10!
We've less than 3 months before the final walk in from White Bear Lake on May 4, 2014.  Please help me bring all of Minnesota on board to set an example of how we take care of our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment