Friday, April 19, 2013

The end of another week.  And time to make some comments on what the week has presented.  First of all a little frustration.  After sitting on the actual pledge forms for almost 2 months, I saw an error on them.  They state that the walk is from February 4 2014 instead of April 4 2014.  I don't know who made the error but will assume it was me.  This was an out of pocket expense but Honsa Printing is redoing them at no cost.  God Bless them!  40,000 pledge forms.  Something I should have caught but didn't.  That's what happens when you're a long ranger trying to do something so gigantic.
I just thank God that they hadn't been distributed anywhere other than my local union stewards.  Those I can catch.  Because they're picking up the expense to redo these forms they are now a proud "Sponsor"!
  On a better note I sent out requests to Brainerd, St. Cloud, and Rochester, asking to be allowed to speak to their representatives.  It's time to move out of the Twin Cities with this effort.  Minnesota encompasses a large area.  Wayne came back from Brainerd with a note of letting all of his people know that I'm coming soon.  I'm still waiting for the other leaders. 
And now that I have partnered with Second Harvest Heartland, I'll have a strong organization on board to help promote this endeavor.  They feed 59 counties and would be the main beneficiary of the endowment that's being created with this effort.  I'm hoping to hear back from Minnesota Education to say that I'll be allowed to present myself in Bloomington at their convention next weekend.  It's not a go yet but I have faith and prayers that they'll allow me to present myself.  I want to present a "project" for all of the students in Minnesota to not only follow, but be a part of and remember for the rest of their lives!  Stay tuned ~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment