Thursday, June 19, 2014

  I had a busy week and need to comment on things.  I did speak to the Labor Assembly in Duluth last Thursday evening.  Dan O'Neill allowed me the minutes to update those in attendance but it wasn't enough time to get all the information to those present.  I wasn't able to ask if the Trade and Labor in Duluth, wanted to join me on August 17 when I walk through their town?  I truly believe that something great could be coordinated to benefit the hungry there.  But it's not in my hands.  I'm just the man walking the 300 miles and doing what he can to ask common Minnesotans to help end hunger here at home.  
  I made some great contacts on the way up to Duluth.  Holly in Pine City, Lynda in Stacy, Sam in Sandstone and Mark in Hinckley.  All were so receptive to what I'm doing and offered their support in any way possible.  I just love the compassion I find in small town Minnesota.  Just down to earth people with hearts larger than life!  I did not make a second trip to International Falls but will in July to speak to the Labor Assembly where the trek will begin.  On a final note, the Saint Paul City Council passed a "resolution" of support for the Minnesota Miracle.  I put their resolution on the "newsrelease" page on the home page.
  In ending this blog I'd like to thank all of those I've met in the past couple of weeks.  You make me feel that I'm not alone in fighting the hunger that exists here at home and make me feel like part of a huge family that cares about everyone!  And that's part of what makes life worth living and makes me proud to be a Minnesotan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment