Thursday, February 20, 2014

  A huge change has been made for the Minnesota Miracle.  On February 17th I was met by 12 individuals that want to lend their assistance in making the miracle a reality for all of those feeling hunger in Minnesota.  They're calling themselves an "advisory committee" but in my mind, they're a God send!  At the meeting we discussed necessary steps that have to be taken to ensure a success as well as those that have to made to protect all that become involved.  You see I'm merely a man with the desire to serve my community and give back for the blessings in my life.  It takes so much more to coordinate the effort I've begun than I'd imagined.  But I'm back in school with some of the finest teachers I could ask for.  Those people that know how to handle something of this dimension that have both the professional skills and the compassion I needed to come on board and help guide me.
  The biggest change that has been decided on was the dates of the walk.  And all participants agreed on the change.  Now we have 5 months instead of 2 before I begin the 300 mile walk.  The time necessary to arrange so many things.  I've already received emails from some of the schools along the choosen route to involve their children and towns.  The route for my walk hasn't changed so solidity remains on the pathway.  I'll begin on August 2nd and end at the State Fair grounds on Labor Day.  And what better way to show working Minnesota coming together to end hunger on that day!
  We've also created a facebook page that can be seen either through Minnesota Miracle 2014 or by coming to the web site and directed accordingly.  I'd like to impress on all that are following this effort that I'm not looking for the number of hits the facebook page gets.  I'm asking everyone that views it on facebook or my web site, to make a donation. If you do it through Second Harvest Heartland on-line you can print out your tax deductable statement at the same time.  If you choose to write a check and send it to Minnesota Miracle 175 Aurora St. Paul, Minnesota 55103 your canceled check will serve as well.
  I'll end this blog asking everyone to help your neighbors with the white blanket that's about to cover most of Minnesota!  Especially the elderly that don't have the strength they used to.  We call need to help one another!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment