Friday, October 11, 2013

Now to talk about a special October.  First of all I was a guest at the NALC (National Association of Letter Carriers) Convention.  These are my brothers and sisters from around the state whom I shared the responsibility of delivering the mail for 30 years.  And they overwhelmed me with a donation of $5,000 for the Minnesota Miracle.  I had left the building and headed home when I got a call asking me to come back.  So I turned around and to my amazement, they had made a decision to donate another $5,000!
Thanks to all my family of letter carriers for their committment to make Minnesota hunger free in 2014!
  Then I had 2 meetings on Wednesday evening.  The first with the St. Paul Union Executive Board.  Though they expected many more than I spoke with, I'm glad I had the opportunity to speak.  An older gentleman named Wayne had a question?  Do you mean that my donation is going to be working to feed Minnesota after my death?  So he made out a check for $200 with the statement that he wanted to leave something that would be working after he's gone!  And then I hurried over to Minneapolis for their meeting.  Again I was received with an open heart and another donation for $1,000.  That's twice the Federation of Labor in Minneapolis have stepped up and made a donation towards the Minnesota Miracle.  Thanks to all in the Twin Cities but remember, we've got a long way to go before reaching our goal.
  Yesterday I had the privilege of speaking to the Executive Board for the western half of Minnesota.  It was the beginning of their 50th Anniversary Convention.  Council 65 made a great impression on me and I left with a confidence that they also will do everything within their power to help make the Minnesota Miracle a success!  Though I'm not walking through their neck of the woods, the endowment will be helping to feed all of those in their part of the state that need it!  And they have a pride and understanding that I'm confident will shine through:))
  Now it's time to relax for a week or so.  I'm heading down south to see my son Chris and spend a week full of golf and catching up.  Stay tuned ~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment