Saturday, October 26, 2013

It just doesn't get any better!  I was out of town last week to visit my son in Albuquerque NM.  On Saturday the 19th we played our second round of golf on beautiful Paako Ridge Golf Course.  The course is lodged in the mountains and the beauty was grand.  And then it happened.  On the 16th hole we looked down from the tee at the green 228 yards behind the lake and each approached to drive the ball.  The first two went into the water and the third went beyond the green.  Now it was my turn.  A little intimidated with the length of the hole I pulled out my 5 wood and swung.  The ball took flight as everyone watched.  For the seconds it took from leaving the tee everyone's eyes where on it and then suddenly, it hit the green and dropped into the hole!!!  None of us could believe it actually happened so we hurried down to the green.  I was the first to jump out and run to the flag.  And there it was.  A "Hole in One" that I'll never forget.
  The weather was beautiful all week long and it was so great to spend the time with my son his beautiful fiance.  A time to remember and an indication that everything I'm doing is for a reason.  Now it's time to get back to work and make Minnesota Hunger Free in 2014.  Just had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment